The age of the internet has allowed many to quit their day jobs and start one of their own; with the number of people constantly online at this age, it was only reasonable that the Registrar General Department (RGD) did the same. This new online business registration in Ghana allows organizations and businesses to register their business online with ease.
With Bizaccess you can meet your regulatory compliance with ease
What is online business registration in Ghana?
This is a 24-hour online service provided by the Registrar-General's Department (RGD) in Ghana to promote the electronic submission of applications for individuals who wish to register their businesses online via the portal. This means all companies that register under the RGD in Ghana will operate under the legal requirements of the GDR and the laws of Ghana.
How do I register my business online in Ghana?
Registering your business online can be summed down to four (4) simple steps
- Create a business name and do a quick business name search on the RGD site. This is to make sure that your prefered business name is available and to make sure that you are not in any violation
- Use your personal details and business details to log in to the RGD. Such details include your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and your ID preferably a scanned copy of your Ghana card
- Purchase via online payment and fill out the forms.
- Pick up your registration certificate, within 14 to 28 business days.
How do I make payment for my online business registration in Ghana?
This is quite simple as all you have to do is to log into the RGD portal, fill out the required forms; for the payment, you can do it by either going to the GRA office in Accra or you could also make the payment of GHC 60 online via the Ghana National Data’s Ghana Electronic payment platform: here. Mode of payments under this includes MasterCard, VISA Card, Mobile Money payment on all networks, Bank transfer and e-Transact.
How to do a Business name search in Ghana
- On the Registrar general's department (RGD), click on Online Registration.
- This will take you to the online business registration home page click on the “service” tab, the Service page will be displayed, click on “Name search” under the business section.
- Type in your business name
Online business registration in Ghana requirement
To begin the process of online business registration there is a list of documents required for the process. Tax Identification Number (TIN). and if you don’t have your TIN you are allowed to use any scanned copy of your Government-issued photo identification like your National ID Card.
Business Operating Permit in Ghana
These are Business licenses issued by government agencies in Ghana specifically issued by the metropolitan assembly your business is based in; it allows you to conduct business within Ghana’s geographical jurisdiction. To get for business operating permit in Ghana are enquired to have
- A Business Name
- Produce the name of the business owner
- Produce Registrar General Business Certificate/Certificate Of Incorporation
- Business Location (GPS location)/Address
- Contact Details.